Wednesday 1 June 2016

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge # 11

Hello!
Hope you're all having a lovely week so far!
A new challenge starts today at Stamping Smile Designs Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, with a new tic-tac-toe board to play along with.


I chose the row of Yellow, Ink Splatters and Scalloped Border.


I don't think I've ever really used much of yellow on my card so to do a whole background of it was a tad out of my comfort zone so I had to mix it with some orange too.
I started with watercolor paper and wet the entire piece with a wet paint brush, I found this helped blend some colors together, I then took my Zig real brush markers and layered color over top.
I splattered some of the orange marker onto my background to give get the subtle ink splatters.
I stamped my flower from the Friendship Blooms stamp set separately, colored in with Zig real brush markers and fussy cut out.
I die cut my scallop border out of some glitter cardstock from Scallop Rectangle dies from Pretty Pink Posh. I stamped my sentiment and finished off by scattering some gold sequins.

Hope you enjoyed my very yellow card:p
Hope you'll join along with the new challenge.

Thank you so much for stopping in today!!!
xo

Supplies:


6 comments:

  1. Hello, Shannon!
    Great card! Such fun colors! Hopefully I'll have to play! Miss you at The Card Concept! =)
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful birthday card Shannon, love the watercoloured background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love how you watercolored the background. The little addition of the orange is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS Shannon!! Love your background!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yellow background looks great,Shannon! Beautiful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon, this is gorgeous! I love your background, and I would have never thought to pair orange, yellow, and gold, but it is such a fabulous combination!

    ReplyDelete