Thursday 11 June 2015

Newton's Nook color challenge card

Hi Crafty Friends!

Here today to share a card I made for the Newton's Nook color challenge. How pretty our these colors together! I love this combination.

I used the Love Grows stamp set for my card. I also decided to make it a circular card. I used the scallop circle dies from Spellbinders to create my shapes. I stamped my flowers and leaves on white card stock, colored them with Copic markers and fussy cut them out to adhere them onto my card. I only used one shade of Copics for my flowers and used the colorless blender for shading, simply because I wanted the colors to stay as close as I could with the challenge colors and didn't want to change the too much by layering different shades in. I added my sentiment and little heart and finished off with some sequins.


This card screams mothers day card to me but an any day Love u card is nice to!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!:)




7 comments:

  1. Your shaped card is fabulous! Those flowers are gorgeous! Lovely colors. I have those colors over at my blog today too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful take on those colors!! Love your shaped card design and pretty flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! I love how you incorporated the challenge colors and the overall card design is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this scallop circle card! So pretty and goes so well with the roses! Thanks so much for playing along with our Inky paws challenge! Can't help but notice this color theme matches pretty closely to your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they are beautiful colors ! Love the scalloped card and your beautiful blooms colored so nicely! Nice work Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...love your fabulous posies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shannon, what a beautiful shaped card. I love the soft colours and those flowers are lovely.
    Hugsd
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete