Tuesday 10 March 2015

Lawnscaping: Dots & Stripes Challenge

Hello again.
Here with yet another post today, I usually don't post twice in one day but I got my time frame all screwed up. I have 2 cards I made for this challenge and just realized the challenge closes tomorrow and haven't submitted either yet! I was making wedding invites for my husbands work friend on the weekend rather then my usual card making so I blame that for my time frame issues lol.
I have a card today for the Lawnscaping: Dot & Stripe challenge.
Dots and stripes together = really fun cards. I initially created this card and didn't have a sentiment on it as I pictured this long sentiment on it from the new Scripty Sayings set but had yet to receive it in the mail but tada I received it just in time and love the way it turned out, how fits write across the long card, love it!


I used the Our Friendship Grows stamp set for the flowers. I realize these flowers are sunflowers but I wanted them to be bright and colorful.
I stamped my flowers and leaves (separately) on 120lb cardstock from SSS and colored with Copic markers, I then cut the flowers and leaves out. I adhered my leaves behind the flowers first, so I knew where I wanted them before I adhered my flowers down on my striped pattern paper. I created a frame out of some polka dot pattern paper I had in my stash simply using my paper trimmer.
I then added my sentiment!:)


Thank you so much for stopping by once again!!

Supplies:




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring on those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blooms have never looked lovelier Shannon--who needs a Copic class? your skills rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Tracey!! I think i just want to do it for fun;) lol

      Delete
  3. wow! i love how those colors really pop off the gray background :) and thank you for playing a long with us at lawnscaping challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the boldness of the flowers with the soft grey background! This is truly stunning! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card fellow Canadian! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete