Monday 5 January 2015

Simple card set featuring Simon Says Stamp and Hero Arts

Here to share some simple cards I made as part of a card set for little gifts. I made 4 sets in total. I gave some away as part of Christmas presents but can be given away as little gifts anytime of the year:)
I kept the cards really simple so they were easy to make plenty off.
I made 2 different designs but 3 variations of each, kept the design the same but changed sentiments, colors and such. I made 2 cards of each variation so there are 12 cards in total for the set.

Ok, so the first set is very simple. I started with a white card base, and stamped the butterfly with 3 different colors and then used 3 different sentiments and stamped directly over the butterfly. (Stamp sets listed below)


Ok so this set , still very simple but a few more layers then the previous set.
For this one, I used 3 different colors of cardstock as a card base and used different embossing folders with white cardstock of slightly smaller sizes to adhere on top. Then I used the same colored cardstock as the card base to make the banner for the sentiment.

And to finish it off I made a holder for the card sets and some envelopes to go along for the recipient. For this I used an 8-1/2" by 11" and trimmed 1/2 an inch off and then made 2 score marks in the middle to have the thick center to have enough room to fit the cards in the center. The first score mark was at 4.6 inches and the second at 5.8 inches. Then to make the holders or folds in the middle to hold the cards. For this just make sure to give your self extra room to make some folds, one more the added thickness and the second to adhere to the back of the card. So you want the cardstock to be the length of one side of the holder add 2 inches on each side and the bottom. Scor at one inch and then again at 2 inches, the first fold is what would be used to adhere to to back of the card , the second is just for the thickness. I hope that makes sense! Im not so good at explaining with text, sorry! Hopefully pictures will explain for me:)



For the outside I added some colored ribbon to be able to tie it shut, I hid the ribbon with a scallop circle that I die-cut out of white cardstock. Also Die-cut some butterfly's  and scattered them around , added some pearls in the middle and done a cute little card set.  

Supplies

First card set:
    Stamp sets- Absolutely Delightful by Simon Says Stamp
        Butterfly and Flower by Hero Arts
Yummy Treats by Hero Arts (Happy Birthday sentiment)

Ink- Lucky Limeade
 Pool Party 
                                    Crisp Cantaloupe all by Stampin up
                Versafine Onyk Black

Second card set:
Cardstock- Melon Mambo
            So Saffron
                                            Midnight Muse all by Stampin up

Stamp sets- Yummy Treats by Hero Arts (Hope your day is fabulous sentiment)
         Hooray by Hero Arts (Hello sentiment)
                             Simply You by Technique Tuesday (You make me smile sentiment)

Embossing folders- I Wish I could tell you the names of them but I do not know! (not sure if they even have names?:s) but I will share who they are from. Swirls is by Cuttlebug. Butteflys by Craft concepts. Flowers by Sizzix. 
   Front of card holder
Crumb Cake cardstock by Stamin up
Scallop circle die by Spellbinders
Embosslits beautiful wings by Sizzix from Stampin up

Ok I believe I'm done babbling for today!:) Hope you enjoyed the card set and thank you for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. These gift sets are gorgeous! I'm sure your recipients will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are so nice!! I love the boxes you made for them to go in too! What great gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete