Wednesday 22 February 2017

Colored Pencils on Kraft featuring Mama Elephant

Hello!
I've very much enjoyed using colored pencils on kraft card stock lately! I don't have it down yet but I'm still loving the way it looks.
I used the Botanical Hello stamp from Mama Elephant.



This was fairly simple to create so pretty quick and easy to explain, the coloring is the only thing that takes long:p
I started with Neenah Desert Storm card stock and cut it to an A2 card base. 
I stamped my Hello with Versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
I then colored in with Prisma colored pencils, to blend I used a blending ink and some baby oil. I know baby oil sounds weird while explaining crafting, if you haven't heard of that technique before, I highly suggest looking on YouTube, I liked the finished look much better but everyone has their own preference:) 
I splattered some sparkly white Tambi starry color water colors around the stamped area for some extra intrest.

That's it for my card today!
Thank you for popping by!!

Supplies:





2 comments:

  1. Really really beautiful. Your pencil colouring is so vibrant and it works well with the baby oil blending - I've used that before and it does work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your coloring looks gorgeous Shannon!! You've added that white over the flowers and it really brings it to life!! Love the sentiment through the design too! :) Have a great weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete