Monday 6 June 2016

Whimsy Stamps June Release Day 1

Hello!
I am happy to be guest designing with Whimsy Stamps again this month for their June clear stamp release.
Today we are showcasing the new stamp sets Need More and Squeezed.
They are both so much fun!

For my fist creation I used the Squeezed stamp set.
I started with watercolor paper and water colored some Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink by smooshing it on from some acetate, I also flicked some ink onto the sheet as well to get some splatters in the background. I used the Hand Stitched Border die from the last Whimsy Stamps release on each side of my water colored panel. I stamped my jug and glass on a separate piece of watercolor card stock, colored in using Zig real brush markers to make it look more like pink lemonade and then cut out with the coordinating dies, I fussy cut the little inner part of the jog myself. I adhered my glass down first directly to my panel but for my jug I adhered it on to some fun foam and then adhered it down to give it some dimension.
I scattered some Pink Peonies and Sparkling clear sequins from PPP around my images and then adhered my panel onto a pink card base made from Cotton Candy card stock from SSS.


For my second card using the Need More stamp set, I stamped my tea and coffee mugs onto watercolor paper and colored in with my Zig real brush markers and fussy cut out.
I used some plaid pattern paper I had in a paper stash for my background and adhered my white card panel that I had matted with some purple cardstock. I adhered my images on the card and scattered some sequins from PPP. I did some light ink splattering in the background but I didnt capture it so well. :P


That's it for my cards today! 
I will be back tomorrow with day 2 of the release.
Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Supplies:

Need More-Whimsy Stamps
Squeezed and coordinating dies -Whimsy Stamps


4 comments:

  1. They both look so yummy Shannon!! :) Love how you've colored the lemonade with your watercolor background! Fabulous take on the coffee design too!! So happy to have your lovely creations joining us this month!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon these are such refreshing cards :) Love the lemonade and coffee card! Gorgeous coloring on both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of your cards! your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete