Wednesday 13 April 2016

The Card Concept # 53

Hello!

A new challenge starts today over at The Card Concept, based on the photo inspiration below.
The colors are so bright, bold and beautiful! Makes me think of summer!


I tried my best to mimic the brightness of the colors in my card.
I used the Pretty Little Peonies stamp set from Wplus9 to stamp my flowers on some watercolor.
I used Distress Crayons from Tim Holtz to color them in. 
I varied from using a water brush to just smudging them in with my finger. I found that smudging them keeps their boldness which is what i was going for here but I will continue to play around with them, I haven't quite found the best way to use them yet.


I added some pattern paper and a tiny strip of pink cardstock on the side and added my sentiment. I adhered my panel on to a white card base and that finishes my card!

I hope you'll join along with The Card Concept! Love seeing what the creations!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!!

Supplies:


14 comments:

  1. The Distress crayons create a very artsy look, they appear to be similar to Gelatos. Very pretty card! Can't wait to see what you do with them next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. l like the look the crayons give and using your finger to smudge them works out great, kind of like a piece of contemporary art. The strips of card own the side add a lovely grouding touch x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and I love the bit of patterned paper you added to the side. Cant wait to see what else you make with the new markers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks stunning with the bold colored flowers!! Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this gorgeous arrangement, Shannon! The colors are so bright and beautiful! Welcome Spring!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the added Pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous - I love the boldness of the crayons. I've heard mixed reviews about them and I think they'll be great for mixed media, but not sure for card making. Thank you for sharing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you captured those colours perfectly Shannon, and the design with the side strips is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are bright and beautiful..such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the smudged look on the flowers, very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful card! You are rockin' the florals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is beautiful! Love the coloring!
    Lilian TCC teamie
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete